The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our team at yate.
To support the Engineering Manager in developing strategies and procedures to ensure an effective engineering team. To improve reliability and functionality of all plant machinery, providing reactive cover and flexible shift pattern for plant outages and breakdowns. Supervisory cover and leadership of the engineers ensuring all statutory and local site policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Organise, plan and complete PPM tasks in area of responsibility.
- Complete planned improvement tasks within area of responsibility.
- Support breakdowns and corrective tasks in other areas when emergencies arise.
- Assist with reactive maintenance as required.
- Share best practice within department and generating improvement ideas.
- Provide technical support and manpower for major projects.
- Supervise engineers, contractors and project activity.
- Provide cover for Shift Engineers within agreed guidelines.
- Ensure company H&S standards are adhered to on all tasks.
- Provide regular Engineering reports to Line Manager and Management Team.
- Budget maintenance spend to within annual plan requirements.
- Manage small CAPEX projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced Engineer with hands on experience of working with multi-faceted engineering team
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative within a pressurised environment
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Recognised Engineering qualification in either Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- Excellent time management and administration skills
- Clearly demonstrable supervisory skills and able to deal with employee issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Good attention to detail.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and champion of Health & Safety
- Ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism, empathy and objectivity
- Experience of coaching and mentoring a team towards improved capability and performance
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Generous Company Pension.
- Regular health checks.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are interested in the role please follow the company's application process which includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer that 20 minutes to complete.